XR-40 Extended Range Probe Digital BBQ & Meat Thermometer
Extended Range Remote Meat Thermometer
The XR-40 Extended Range Probe Digital BBQ & Meat Thermometer features new and improved technology to make connecting wirelessly even faster than ever, so you can get cooking quicker! The XR-40 remote meat thermometer also features our new extended range, which allows you to monitor your food as it cooks from as far as 160 meters or 500 feet away.
Never again will you worry about whether your meat is cooking at the right temperature or if you’ve lost your remote signal from your wireless BBQ thermometer. The XR-40 wireless meat thermometer features new INSTA-SYNC® operating technology, resulting in:
- A faster connection right out of the box
- Reduced interference during connection
- Better data packet transmission
- Reduced connection drops
- Simpler user programming
The improved LCD screen on the digital thermometer also comes with orange reverse text for easy readings, no matter whether you’re grilling during the day or at night. Grillers can easily switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature readings and use the two included meat probes to track the progress of two different foods or BBQ grills.
Perfect for those looking for:
A wireless BBQ thermometer that quickly syncs out of the box, so you can get grilling quicker
A remote meat thermometer that has an extended range of up to 500 feet for monitoring your food as it cooks
A grill thermometer that allows you to easily monitor your cooking progress from a distance
XR-40 Extended Range Probe Digital BBQ & Meat Thermometer Features:
- Remote thermometer for BBQ & Smokers
- Two 716°F meat probes
- Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature readings
- New LCD with orange reverse for easier reading day or night
- New INSTA-SYNC® operating technology, resulting in a faster connection and reduced interference
How far away will I be able to monitor my food from where it’s cooking using the XR-40 remote meat thermometer?
The XR-40 digital thermometer features our new extended range technology that allows you to monitor your food from up to 500 feet away.
I’m looking for an easy-to-use wireless meat thermometer. Would you recommend the XR-40?
Yes, the XR-40 digital thermometer comes with our new INSTA-SYNC® operating technology, which offers an easier user interface and also boasts a faster connection and reduced interference.
Is the XR-40 wireless meat thermometer better suited for indoor or outdoor use?
Both! The XR-40 remote meat thermometer is suited for use on the BBQ, in the smoker, or in the oven.
What if the temperature readings on my probes are off, sometimes by 50+ºF? Is there anything I can do to fix the probes?
These are the possibilities:
- The probe has been pushed too far, or not far enough, into the food
- The probe plug or socket has gotten wet
- An incorrect probe (one designed for a different product or model) is being used
- The probe or its wire has absorbed moisture or otherwise gotten wet internally
- The probe or its wire has failed during normal use due to coming in contact with a flame or water
- The probe has been bent and/or pinched
Sometimes a probe that is malfunctioning due to moisture inside can be made to work again by the following procedure: comes with a water proof probe so this doesn’t apply to this unit.
- Place probe and wire (not entire transmitter) in a small baking pan and put it in an oven that you have preheated to 250°F.
- Leave in for 1 hour, then remove and allow to cool. When cool, try using probe again and it may work.
You can obtain a new probe from us. Please see the parts and service section to order a new probe.