Frequently Asked Questions
Maverick Industries, Inc. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Whether you have questions about setting up your Bluetooth grill thermometer or reading the temperature on your digital wireless meat thermometer, we have the answers. Please see below for a list of our most frequently asked questions on our professional meat thermometers. For more specific product FAQs, please visit individual product pages.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check our Help Center for more information.
How do I open the battery cover on my LW-377 Transmitter? (Also for Models HD-377 and ET-632)
How do I set up my ET-733/734 Thermometer?
If you’re having trouble setting up your ET-733 or ET-734/ET-734BGE unit, please see the guide below for a simplified set up process.
- Not pressing any buttons for a few seconds will set whatever is currently on the screen. It is best to perform these steps quickly so you won’t have to start over.
Make sure the devices are being turned on in correct order:
- Receiver (remote) unit first
- Transmitter (unit with probes) unit second
- If you’re having problems connecting the units:
- Resync manually by pressing and holding button on the back of you transmitter
- Replace the batteries in both units; low power is the most common cause of connection problems.
For FOOD Mode – These steps will allow you to set a temperature alert on your food, which will sound when the temperature you set is reached to let you know that the food is done
- Press & hold SET until receiver beeps (# in upper left will flash)
- Use HI/LO arrow keys to select a probe
- Press SET, FOOD will flash in upper right corner
- Press SET; MEAT type will flash (BEEF, PORK, etc.)
- Press the MEAT button on your receiver to change the type of meat.
- Press SET to select OR press TASTE to change the doneness setting for type of meat.
For BBQ Mode -These steps will allow you set two temperature alerts for one probe, which will alert you if the detected temperature falls below your low (“LO”) programmed temperature, or exceeds your high (“HI”) programmed temperature. This setting is perfect for monitoring the chamber temperature of a grill or smoker.
- Press & hold SET until receiver unit beeps
- Use HI/LO arrow keys to select a probe
- Press SET again, FOOD will flash in upper right corner
- Press the MODE button to switch to BBQ
- Press SET; HI SET temperature will flash
- (You will be alerted once the temperature reading reaches or exceeds this temperature)
- Press HI to raise this temp or LO to lower it
- Press SET
- LO SET temperature will now flash
- Press HI to raise this temp or LO to lower it
- Press SET to lock these settings
Can I Ship a Gift or Purchase to a Different Address than My Billing Address?
Yes! While our online store does not currently support shipments to addresses that do not match the billing address used, we are happy to complete your gift order via email or phone. If you’re interested in purchasing a Maverick product as a gift and/or looking to ship your purchase to a different address than your billing address, please contact us directly by calling 1-800-526-0954 during business hours or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
What shipping carrier will deliver my Maverick products?
Small items, such as the PT-100 Pro-Temp Professional Meat Thermometer, can be expected to ship via USPS. Larger products, including the DF-10 Digital Fork, will be shipped via UPS.
How long should I expect to wait for my order to ship?
Orders are typically processed and shipped within three (3) business days via USPS. Orders can take up to seven (7) days to be delivered after they have left our warehouse. Please allow up to three (3) weeks for shipping to areas outside of the U.S.
Where is my order shipping from?
Your order will be shipped from Edison, NJ.
What does it mean when “--- ” pops up on my thermometer receiver LCD where the probe temperature is supposed to be displayed?
This means the transmission signal is not registering. Try restarting the synchronization procedure by turning the transmitter and receiver off. Follow the startup procedure in your unit’s manual exactly as stated. The units will not function properly if the procedure is not followed.
Why do I get HHH or LLL for a temperature reading when I plug my probe into the thermometer unit?
This reading could mean the probe has failed during use due to being immersed in water, severely pinched, or as a result of internal wiring. Any of these would cause the probe to short out and give an HHH, LLL, or false temperature display.
Sometimes a probe that is malfunctioning due to interior moisture can be made to work again. Refer to our FAQ “How do I fix a malfunctioning meat thermometer probe?” to learn how to repair a probe that has been exposed to moisture.
After troubleshooting, if you still receive the HHH or LLL temperature reading on your meat thermometer and the probe is still under warranty, please either call or email our customer service department with the model number of your unit and we’ll replace it free of charge.
If the probe is out of warranty, you can contact our Parts and Services department to order a replacement probe.
Is there anything I can do to prolong the use of the probes?
To prolong the life of your Maverick thermometer probe, wrap tin foil around the probe wire to shield it from some of the heat or flare-ups that can occur. It is also important to never submerge your probe or probe wire in water. The water could get into the internal wiring and short out the probe. Be sure to clean your probe with a damp paper towel, only after it’s cooled down.
What does the “TX” button on the back of my Maverick thermometer’s transmitter mean?
If you press and hold the TX button for two seconds, the transmitter unit will automatically send a signal and update the receiver. Most times you will not need to use this button.
What if the temperature of my grilling thermometer is drastically off?
If the temperature reading on your thermometer is dramatically different than expected, it could be due to a few different issues, including:
- The probe has been pushed too far, or not far enough, into the meat or food, possibly making contact with bone and therefore skewing the temperature reading.
- The probe or its wire has absorbed moisture or otherwise gotten wet internally.
- The probe plug or socket has been exposed to water.
- Refer to our FAQ “How do I fix a malfunctioning meat thermometer probe?” to learn more about resolving an issue related to moisture damage.
- An incorrect probe (one designed for a different product or model) is being used.
- The probe or its wire has failed during normal use due to coming in contact with a flame or water.
- The probe has been bent and/or pinched.
If none of the above has solved your temperature reading, please contact us today to see if your product is still under warranty and eligible for a replacement.
How do I fix a malfunctioning meat thermometer probe?
A meat thermometer probe that is malfunctioning could have been exposed to moisture. Sometimes a probe that is malfunctioning due to interior moisture can be made to work again by utilizing the following procedure:
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Place the probe and wire (not entire transmitter) in a small baking pan and put it in the oven.
- Leave the probe and wire in the oven for one hour, then remove and allow to cool.
Once cool, try using the probe again. If this does not remedy your issue and the probe is still under warranty, please either call or email our customer service department with the model number of your unit and we’ll replace it free of charge.
If the probe is out of warranty, please contact our Parts and Services department to order a new probe.
If my digital thermometer’s temperature is not reading as expected, is there any way to adjust the thermometer?
No, there is no way to adjust the units. Our digital food thermometers are designed to be most accurate at the median of the typical food-doneness temperature range (approximately 160ºF) with increasing tolerances at minimum or maximum temperatures. All of our digital thermometers have a tolerance of +/- 3 to 4 degrees Fahrenheit so it is normal for the temperature readings to vary by a few degrees.
Can my digital thermometer be refurbished?
Unfortunately, our digital thermometers cannot be refurbished. If your unit is no longer reading correctly, it may be due to a probe issue, in which case you can purchase new probes. Please contact our Parts and Services department to find out more about how to purchase replacement probes.
I am not getting a temperature reading on my digital thermometer unit, what happened?
Make sure that the detachable tines are pushed securely into the main part of the unit. If the connections of the tines are not flush with the internal connections of the main unit, you will not get a temperature read.
My meat thermometer will not shut off, is there a reason for this?
The tines must be attached to the main unit or the unit will not turn off. Be sure that the detachable tines are pushed securely into the main part of the unit.
My remote thermometer’s receiver and transmitter will not sync, what can I do?
Replace the batteries in both the receiver and the transmitter. Then, make sure you turn on the receiver first.
The distance range for my remote thermometer is not working properly, what can I do?
Try replacing the batteries in both the receiver and the transmitter and make sure you turn on the receiver first, followed by the transmitter.