Frequently Asked Questions
Maverick Industries, Inc. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do I get HHH or LLL for a temperature reading when I plug my probe into the thermometer unit?
Sometimes a probe that is malfunctioning due to interior moisture can be made to work again. Refer to our FAQ “How do I fix a malfunctioning meat thermometer probe?” to learn how to repair a probe that has been exposed to moisture.
After troubleshooting, if you still receive the HHH or LLL temperature reading on your meat thermometer and the probe is still under warranty, please either call or email our customer service department with the model number of your unit and we’ll replace it free of charge.
If the probe is out of warranty, you can contact our Parts and Services department to order a replacement probe.
What if the temperature of my grilling thermometer is drastically off?
- The probe has been pushed too far, or not far enough, into the meat or food, possibly making contact with bone and therefore skewing the temperature reading.
- The probe or its wire has absorbed moisture or otherwise gotten wet internally.
- The probe plug or socket has been exposed to water.
- Refer to our FAQ “How do I fix a malfunctioning meat thermometer probe?” to learn more about resolving an issue related to moisture damage.
- An incorrect probe (one designed for a different product or model) is being used.
- The probe or its wire has failed during normal use due to coming in contact with a flame or water.
- The probe has been bent and/or pinched.
If none of the above has solved your temperature reading, please contact us today to see if your product is still under warranty and eligible for a replacement.
How do I fix a malfunctioning meat thermometer probe?
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Place the probe and wire (not entire transmitter) in a small baking pan and put it in the oven.
- Leave the probe and wire in the oven for one hour, then remove and allow to cool.
Once cool, try using the probe again. If this does not remedy your issue and the probe is still under warranty, please either call or email our customer service department with the model number of your unit and we’ll replace it free of charge.
If the probe is out of warranty, please contact our Parts and Services department to order a new probe.
Is there anything I can do to prolong the use of the probes?
What does the “TX” button on the back of my Maverick thermometer’s transmitter mean?
If my digital thermometer’s temperature is not reading as expected, is there any way to adjust the thermometer?
Can my digital thermometer be refurbished?
I am not getting a temperature reading on my digital thermometer unit, what happened?
My meat thermometer will not shut off, is there a reason for this?
My remote thermometer’s receiver and transmitter will not sync, what can I do?
The distance range for my remote thermometer is not working properly, what can I do?
What does it mean when “--- ” pops up on my thermometer receiver LCD where the probe temperature is supposed to be displayed?
What shipping carrier will deliver my Maverick products?
How long should I expect to wait for my order to ship?
Where is my order shipping from?
Can I Ship a Gift or Purchase to a Different Address than My Billing Address?
Yes! While our online store does not currently support shipments to addresses that do not match the billing address used, we are happy to complete your gift order via email or phone. If you’re interested in purchasing a Maverick product as a gift and/or looking to ship your purchase to a different address than your billing address, please contact us directly by calling 1-800-526-0954 during business hours or sending a message to email@example.com at any time.